Flowers That Represent Love for Your Bridal Bouquet!
Choosing the right wedding flowers may seem overwhelming with all the different types available. Well, let me help you make your choice easier!
The key is to understand the language of flowers and you'll be set with a beautiful bouquet that is full of love and affection.
What is the Language of Flowers?
During the Victorian Era, the Language of Flowers was established as an ultra-romantic language between lovers. Who wouldn't want to be courted with flowers, a form of poetry without words?
For years, the greatest way to express "I love you" has been with the delicate beauty of flowers. Many people buy flowers because of their meaning, yet not all flowers represent love in the same way.
Do you want to profess your undying love to your partner without saying a word?
Well, there's no better time than now to learn the romantic language of the Victorian Era!
Be surrounded by perfect love bouquets!
Many couples today continue this romantic tradition by creating beautiful wedding bouquets and centerpieces with different flower meanings.
While flowers associated with love, such as roses and carnations, are popular, there are many more meaningful characteristics to consider, such as new beginnings (daffodil), faith (iris), and perseverance (hydrangea), which would create a dreamy bouquet for your wedding!
Even so, it's important to note that not all flowers are friends in a wedding.
Remember to steer clear of flowers with negative connotations, such as begonia, which means "beware," and tansy, which means "hostile thoughts."
Let's take a look at what these pretty plants mean before choosing the perfect bouquet!
Flower Meanings and Their Colors
The ancient Greeks believed that roses sprung from Adonis, the Greek god of flora and rebirth.
We've always seen roses romantically, but did you know that each shade of this beautiful flower have different flower meanings?
Flower Symbolism in Roses
The flower meanings changes depending on the color of the flower.
- Red roses symbolize love and they make the perfect bridal bouquet.
- Pink roses represents gratitude, elegance, appreciation, and delight.
- Orange ones represent zeal and fire.
- Yellow roses signifies friendships.
- White flowers represent purity and innocence.
Though red roses are typically associated with love, the quantity of flowers you gift will express a unique romantic message.
- A single rose represents love at first sight.
- Two roses represent a deep and mutual affection.
- “I love you,” the three roses profess.
- “I want to be yours,” declares the six roses.
- Seven roses means "I'm smitten with you."
- Nine flowers represent everlasting love.
- The tenth flower says you're perfection.
Baby's Breath Flower
These breathtaking flowers, commonly known as Gypsophila, are native to Eastern Europe.
It came to be known as Baby's Breath because of its lovely and innocent appearance, which resembles that of a small baby and due to its own delicate flower appearance.
The popular strands in Singapore are Million Stars, Xlence, and Mirabella.
Among the three, Million Stars has the smallest floral size, followed by Mirabella and Xlence, which is the largest.
They are often used for a variety of special occasions, and their small size makes them easy to arrange into a wedding bouquet!
If you're worried about variety, then I'm sure you will be happy to know that these flowers don't just exist in white! There are pink flowers, red ones and even purple too!
Flower Symbolism in Baby's Breath
- White: A positive color, is affiliated with purity, virginity, innocence, light, goodness, heaven, understanding, cleanliness, faith, beginnings, possibility, sincerity, protection, softness, and perfection.
- Pink: Showcasing a relationship which is romantic, charming, feminine, and tenderness.
- Purple: An abiding trust, loyal love, regal, and royalty.
A wonderfully adorned Baby's Breaths flower bouquet is widely used to express affection, exquisite beauty, and dedication in a long-lasting relationship. They would make a perfect bouquet of pure love!
Lily of the Valley
The lily of the valley flower is commonly associated with rebirth and humility.
It can represent chastity, purity, sweetness, and motherhood, among other things.
Flowers from the lilies are thought to bring good luck in love, but they can also represent a return to happiness.
If you've ever dreamed about a royal wedding, wait no further with this flower choice!
The royal duchess Kate Middleton chose this lovely little flower for her wedding day bouquet due of its secondary meaning of trustworthiness, a beautiful flower symbolism that's just perfect for a marriage.
These lilies of the valley flowers are versatile flowers that may be offered for any occasion, which makes it a favorite among weddings.
Peony blooms symbolizes a variety of meaning across the world. These plants have come to represent bashfulness as a result of the Greek myth of Paeonia the nymph.
Known as the "King of Flowers" in China and Japan, they're also employed in major occasions like Chinese New Year and other religious rituals. They are also said to represent good fortune.
Although peonies are generally associated with prosperity, love, and honor, the different colored peonies have different meanings as well!
Flower Symbolism in Peonies
- White: White peonies are symbolic of modesty, so they're ideal for apologizing when you've spoken or done something wrong. When a gorgeous bouquet of white peonies arrives at their door, no one can say no!
- Pink: Pink peonies are a favorite of ours, and they're a popular choice for bridal bouquets because they represent good fortune and wealth.
- Red: Love, passion, dignity, and respect are all symbols of red peony. A large bouquet of red peonies is sure to bring joy and passion to your perfect wedding!
This springtime bloom represents a joyful marriage, and it's the perfect big, bold flower for making a statement in a beauty bouquet.
Excited to use your newfound flower knowledge?
Seek inspiration for the perfect wedding bouquet for your wedding here!
We at Bucket Full of Roses provide customizable bouquets, all at the tip on your finger!